• London has the highest levels of NO2 than any other European city, at more than twice the legal limit.
• NO2 is known to cause eye, nose, and throat irritation. Exposure is linked with impaired lung function and increased respiratory infections in young children and the elderly.
• The Mayor published a study which estimated that 4,300 premature deaths in 2008 were caused by man-made airborne pollutants.
• Between 6.3% and 9% of all London deaths in 2010 were attributable to exposure to air toxins.
• It is thought that 15-30% of asthma and respiratory conditions are caused by traffic pollution.
Support the campaign for cleaner air – http://cleanairinlondon.org @CleanAirLondon